Frequently Asked Questions
(Please read before asking a question)
- How can I ask a question?
See Contact Us
- What is the difference between lexAccess2023 and lexAccess2023lite?
See lexAccessLite documents
- How to upgrade/install latest Lexicon to 2023 lexAccess?
Please refer to how to update Lexicon to LexAccess.2023 for details.
- How to access to other versions of Lexicon?
Please refer to how to access to other versions of Lexicon for details.
- Can lexAccess be used to access Lexicon in pure ASCII?
Yes, ASCII versions of Lexicon database tables are provided after 2009 release. Please refer to how to access to other versions of Lexicon for details.
- Can we use other database instead of
for Java version LexAccess tool?
Yes, all types of database can be used with LexAccess as long as there is a JDBC connector for it. MySql database is used as an example for illustration. Please refer to Installing MySql database option for details.
In 2008, we also tested
JavaDb (Apache Derby 10.3) as an embedded database for lexAccess. The output is the same as HSqlDb's with much slower
- How to specify port number when using MySql database?
The default port number of MySql is 3306. If your MySql database server runs on different port number, all you need to do is to specify the port number after hostname (Ex. localhost:3307) during the LVG installation.
- How do we use LexAccess tools APIs?
Please refer to LexAccess Tools APIS for details.
- Are there any scripts that we can use to run lexAccess?
Yes, the script of lexAccess are provided under "$LEXACCESS_DIR/bin/". This directory includes scripts for UNIX and batch files for Windows.
- Does lexAccess provides GUI tools?
Yes, two lexAccess GUI tools are provided: