You are here
Clinical Informatics Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
The Clinical Informatics Postdoctoral Research Fellowships component of the Biomedical Informatics Training Program at the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications introduces fellows to the field of informatics and encourages them to pursue careers in clinical informatics research.
This program extends LHNCBC training to the NIH Clinical Center and to other clinical research settings and other patient care research on the NIH campus.
Successful applicants are matched with staff at LHNCBC and other NIH institutes and centers in order to collaborate in clinical informatics research in topics such as:
- Capture, processing, and analysis of clinical data for patient care and research
- Decision support for clinicians and researchers
- Development of health informatics resources
Fellows are in residence at LHNCBC in Bethesda, Maryland, for one year, with possible renewal for a total of up to three years.
Stipends are commensurate with research experience and education.
Applicants must have an MD, DDS, or equivalent, or a doctoral degree in biomedical informatics, information science, computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or similar discipline.
Candidates should have research or clinical experience.
Applications and Questions
The deadlines for submitting applications are January 15 and June 15. Applicants will be notified approximately four weeks after the submission deadline.
Applications also are considered year round under special circumstances.
Application materials, which can be submitted electronically to the e-mail address given below, should include:
- A letter of interest that states that this is an application for the Clinical Informatics Postdoctoral Research Fellowships program, outlines the applicant's research interests, and includes desired starting date, e-mail address, postal address, and day and evening phone numbers
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications, awards, and honors
- Transcript for the most recently completed degree
- Three letters of recommendation
Please send application materials and address questions to:
Paul Fontelo, MD MPH
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications
U.S. National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike, Bldg. 38A, MSC 3826
Bethesda, MD 20894