Web Interface: I-Magic SNOMED-CT to ICD-10-CM code mapping tool.
The I-MAGIC (Interactive Map-Assisted Generation of ICD Codes) Algorithm utilizes the SNOMED CT to ICD-10-CM Map in a real-time, interactive manner to generate ICD-10-CM codes. This demo simulates a problem list interface in which the user enters problems with SNOMED CT terms, which are then used to derive ICD-10-CM codes using the Map.
The Map can be used in the following scenarios:
- Real-time use by the healthcare provider – In this scenario, the Map is embedded in the problem list application of the EHR used by the physician or other healthcare provider. At the end of a clinic encounter, the clinician updates the problem list, which is encoded in SNOMED CT. The Map-enabled problem list application outputs a list of ICD-10-CM codes based on algorithmic evaluation of map rules, which makes use of patient context (e.g. age, gender) and co-morbidities (other problems on the problem list) to identify the most appropriate candidate ICD-10-CM codes, in accordance with ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and conventions. If necessary, the clinician is prompted for additional information to decide between alternative codes, or to refine the output codes. The clinician confirms the suggested ICD-10-CM codes. (See the I-MAGIC algorithm and demo page)
- Retrospective coding by coding professionals – In this scenario, the Map is used within an application to suggest candidate ICD-10-CM codes to coding professionals based on a stored SNOMED CT encoded problem list. The degree of automation can vary. Textual advice can be displayed in cases where automated rule processing is not available.
- Web Interface: http://imagic.nlm.nih.gov/imagic/code/map
- I-MAGIC Implementation Guide: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/mapping_projects/IMAGICImplementationGuide_20120614.pdf
- About the SNOMED CT to ICD-10-CM map: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/mapping_projects/snomedct_to_icd10cm.html
Fung KW Web Interface: I-Magic SNOMED-CT to ICD-10-CM code mapping tool.